You are here
Date of webcast
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Time & time zone / duration of webcast
2:00 pm ET/1:00 pm CT/11: 00 am PT
Duration: 1 hour
Independent grocers have access to incredibly powerful technology and well-established interconnection standards, all of which are very affordable. What is missing for many independent grocers is not access to powerful technology, but the mindset that technology is only as good as the task that it replaces.
An important question every independent grocer should ask is: What tasks within the operation can be automated and better handled by store and/or supplier systems?
During this free webcast, sponsored by ECRS, Gary Hawkins, CEO and founder of the Center for Advancing Retail and Technology; Doug Bean, director of marketing, Raisin Rack Natural Food Market, Westerville, Ohio; and ECRS founder and CEO Peter Catoe will discuss how automation can be applied to retail operations to drive efficiencies and profits. Topics will include:
- In-store automation trends, including cloud-based technology and how it is driving increasingly sophisticated solutions
- The redirection of labor to more value-added services
- Leveraging data interchange for greater collaboration between retailers and suppliers
- Enhancing digital marketing communications, including promotions, loyalty programs, social media, and hassle-free digital coupons
- Applying automation to the reduction of stock outs, reducing lost sales, increasing customer satisfaction and driving customer demand
- Computer-assisted ordering and inventory management
- The front end: automating the checkout experience by utilizing new point of sale technology to transform the customer experience
Join the conversation and ask questions for our expert speakers at the end of the webcast.
Presenting publication name
Founder, Personiphi, LLC; Founder, Center for Advancing Retail & Technology; CEO, Hawkins Strategic, LLC
Director of Marketing & Communications, Raisin Rack Natural Food Market
Chief Operating Officer, Rollin’ Oats Market & Cafe
Founder, President and CEO, ECR Software
Editor-in-Chief, Progressive Grocer