You are here
Stater Bros. Charities made a $150,000 donation to 13 local food banks and pantries. The funds were donated by Stater Bros.’ customers and employees this past holiday season during the “Harvesting Hope In Our Community” program.
“We are in the business of helping our neighbors, and right now, some of our neighbors need a little bit more help than the rest," said Jack H. Brown, chairman/CEO of San Bernardino, Calif.-based Stater Bros. "It’s our hope that these donations will have a major impact in their lives."
The beneficiaries of Stater Bros.' summer donations are:
- The Salvation Army (Inland Empire): $30,000
- Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County: $20,000
- Second Harvest Food Bank (Riverside): $20,000
- Inland Harvest Food Bank (Redlands): $10,000
- Desert Communities United Way (High Desert): $7,000
- Find Food Bank (Coachella Valley): $7,000
- American Food Bank (Morongo Basin): $3,000
- Fort Irwin Center Chapel: $2,000
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County: $20,000
- The Salvation Army (Southern California Division): $18,000
- San Diego County Food Bank: $10,000
- The Salvation Army Ridgecrest: $1,500
- East Kern Family Resource Center (Mojave): $1,500
Stater Bros. Charities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation that supports critical needs in the communities where Stater Bros. employees live and work. Since its creation, Stater Bros. Charities has provided funding to countless local organizations and causes that benefit hunger relief, children’s welfare, education for youth and adults, services for the elderly and care for U.S. veterans. Funds are raised throughout the year from customers, supplier friends and Stater Bros. associates.