You are here
Acme Markets celebrated the grand opening of its new supermarket in Bryn Mawr, Pa., on Friday, replacing a 55-year-old store with one that’s more than a third larger and will offer customers an expanded variety of fresh produce, meat and seafood, and a large selection of local products.
In addition to expanding the store to 37,000 square feet, the Bryn Mawr Acme was designed to provide customers a greater selection and variety, while offering a fresh, new feel to their shopping experience both inside and outside the store.
“Acme has a long-standing history in Bryn Mawr and our goal was to make this new store a destination for the community,” said Keith Wyche, Acme president. “A lot of hard work went into the planning and building of this location to ensure the Acme tradition of providing customers the quality products and premium customer service they expect from us. I’m proud to see this new flagship location come to life.”
Additional offerings include:
- Expanded meat and seafood departments highlighting Acme’s signature Lancaster Brands.
- More natural, organic and gluten-free products within the meat, deli and bakery departments, including Acme’s third gluten-free deli.
- More local, ethnic and specialty products within the meat, deli and bakery departments.
- Larger selection of home meal solutions with carving stations and assorted ready-to-eat proteins, as well as Acme’s first full-service Tony Luke’s sandwich shop.
- Several exterior upgrades including the planting of more than 35 shade trees and numerous ground level plantings and a 20 percent increase in parking capacity.
Friday morning’s ribbon-cutting followed a special open house event a day earlier, including Acme executives and local officials. Acme made $5,000 in donations to local organizations, including $2,000 to the ElderNet Ada Mutch Food Pantry. In addition, the company will also donate a park bench made entirely of 3,900 recycled plastic bags to Polo Field.
Northwood Construction Co. of Warminster, Pa., was the project developer.
Supervalu-owned Acme Markets operates 117 stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.