You are here
The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. Friday opened its newest A&P Fresh concept store in Greenwich, Conn. at a location previously operating under The Food Emporium banner.
The new store features the concept's European market design, with a central grocery section surrounded by a cluster of specialty food shops that are configured in a "walking street" style around the store and include:
- Fresh-to-Go: A selection of daily chef-prepared entrees and side dishes.
- Deli Shop: Sliced meats and cheeses, including imported selections from around the world and a wet cheese bar offering hand-crafted artisan cheeses. The section also includes a variety of freshly made signature salads and a full olive bar.
- Charcuterie: The on-site charcuterie offers a full-line of salted, smoked, dried, and cured sausages, salamis, and gourmet meats, along with accompanying condiments and cheeses.
- Chocolates and gourmet candy: Chocolates from around the world.
- Pasta: Domestic and imported pastas, as well as a variety of domestic and imported sauces and olive oils.
- Bakery: Muffins, rolls, pies, cookies, and breads baked fresh throughout the day, including A&P's signature cheesecakes, New Zealand butter croissants, and gourmet cakes made from Belgium chocolate. The bakery also features artisan breads that are baked in-store using an "old-world" brick oven.
- Tea and coffee.
- Full service floral shop.
The new store also offers a selection of organic and natural products ranging from produce to deli meats and seafood, as well as an assortment of natural household items and cleaning products, pet foods, and organic grocery items such as pastas, soups, and cheeses.
A&P operates 447 stores in eight states and the District of Columbia under the banners of A&P, Waldbaum's, Pathmark, Best Cellars, The Food Emporium, Super Foodmart, Super Fresh, and Food Basics.