You are here
Designed to further increase avocado consumption and build market demand, Avocados from Mexico has launched its 2013 fully-integrated spring campaign, targeting both general market and Hispanic consumers. The campaign includes online and mobile advertising, consumer promotions, public relations efforts, social media engagement and in-store merchandising.
The new campaign will also feature broadcast advertising, set to hit the airwaves in March, to help drive consumer demand and increase purchase frequency.
“Volume has been at record highs leading up to [the] Super Bowl and while exports are projected to begin decreasing, they will remain at strong, promotable levels as we head into Spring,” said Eduardo Serena, marketing director for APEAM, a nonprofit organization representing the Hass avocado industry. “Avocados from Mexico will keep the momentum going by supplying the right volume, quality and sizing, as well as powerful marketing programs through the coordinated efforts of APEAM and MHAIA.”
To help support the increased volume and further drive demand, Avocados from Mexico is planning the following promotions in the months ahead:
APEAM is supporting retailer-specific display contests to help promote avocados during March Madness. A variety of merchandising materials will be made available to help retailers create a customized display contest specific to their individual needs.
Spring Breakfast Campaign
To support new usage ideas, Avocados from Mexico plans to build on last year’s breakfast campaign with a new general market promotion that encourages consumers to enjoy avocados during their morning meal. Planned efforts include:
- Consumer sweepstakes on Facebook and promoted through a full-page FSI delivered to more than 13 million households on March 24.
- Promotional tie-in with the American Egg Board including a joint coupon offer to extend the promotion and expand usage in April
- Online and mobile advertising
- Media outreach
Chef Pepín Hispanic Market Promotion
Avocados from Mexico will leverage the credibility and influence of Chef Pepín with spring promotional efforts targeting the Hispanic community including:
- In-store demos
- POS materials
- Online and mobile ads
- Recipes and tips from Chef Pepín on the AFM website
Summer BBQ Promotion with Chef Rick Bayless
This June/July, Avocados from Mexico and Chef Rick Bayless will show consumers how to make BBQ Better. The integrated promotion will include:
- Sponsorship of Bayless’ popular TV show, Mexico – One Plate at a Time
- Live appearance by Bayless and PR outreach
- Social Media outreach to his extensive fan base
- Website sweepstakes and video vignettes
- In-store POS materials
- Endorsement video on the AFM website and social media programs
Avocados from Mexico is the world’s largest producer of avocados in the United States and abroad.