You are here
Bristol Farms' latest store, opened yesterday in Valencia, Calif., is so market specific, even the store director is locally-sourced. The upscale grocer, owned by Supervalu, said it has tailored the store's look and product assortment to meet the needs of the local customer base.
"The neighborhood and surrounding community is an exceptional fit for a specialty store like Bristol Farms," said Kevin Davis, president, chairman, and c.e.o. of Bristol Farms. "Our specialty food and fresh product mix is unique to the area, and will fulfill a need that the Valencia community has been hungry for.
"We place a heavy emphasis on the peripheral departments, including our deli and cheese departments, restaurant quality grab-and-go foods, specialty full service meat, seafood and sushi departments, and our locally grown fresh produce," Davis added.
Even the store's décor package celebrates and highlights the Valencia community, with murals that capture images of Santa Clarita Valley's history from the Forties and Fifties.
Among the store's features are:
- Produce from around the world, including locally grown natural and organic items.
- Hand-picked fresh seafood and a pokie bar, with products delivered daily.
- Organic and free-range, antibiotic, hormone-free, and air-chilled poultry.
- Hormone- and antibiotic-free American-raised all-natural beef, including prime and prime aged beef, with a dry-aged beef locker on site.
- More than 380 varieties of artisan chesses
- An olive bar to accompany the store's extensive wine and beer selections
- In-store Peet's Coffee counter
- Ready-to-eat prepared foods
- Rotisserie carving station featuring choice beef, pork, and poultries
- European artisan hearth-style breads, baked fresh daily
- Full selection of organic and conventional dairy products
- A full service floral shop with floral designers on site
- Full Service juice bar and gelato station