You are here
EAGLE, Idaho - David Burke, Paul Prudhomme, and Michael Symon are among 11 celebrity chefs sharing their favorite Idaho Potato recipes in the Idaho Potato Commission's "Recipes for Relief" on-line program.
The goal of the program is to celebrate the United Nation's declaration of 2008 as the International Year of the Potato, by raising awareness and $50,000 for UNICEF, an organization that provides lifesaving nutrition, clean water and education to children in more than 150 countries around the world.
Each month beginning in February, which is Potato Lovers Month, a different chef and his/her recipe will be featured on idahopotato2008.org. Every time a visitor clicks on the recipe of the month, the Idaho Potato Commission will donate 10 cents to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF with a guaranteed donation of $50,000. Funds will support UNICEF's programs for children around the world.
The chef line-up to date is:
- Michael Symon, Cleveland, Ohio, Lolita
- Tracy O'Grady, Washington D.C., Willow
- Susan Spicer, New Orleans, La., Bayona
- Todd Downs, Indianapolis, Ind., Food Sense, Inc
- Frank Ostini, Buelton, Calif., Hitching Post
- Joachim Splichal, Los Angeles, Calif., Patina
- Paul Prudhomme, New Orleans, La., K-Paul
- Jon Mortimer, Boise, Id., Mortimer's of Boise
- David Burke, New York, davidburke & donatella
- David Walzog, Las Vegas, SW Steakhouse, Wynn