You are here
This summer, Dunkin’ Donuts’ “Mug Up” promotion encourages coffee lovers to upload photos of themselves with their favorite mug of coffee for a chance to win prizes, including a $10,000 grocery gift card, a one-year supply of Dunkin’ Donuts packaged coffee, and an extra-large Dunkin’ Donuts branded mug.
The Canton, Mass.-based coffee chain will accept submissions through Aug. 26. All eligible entries will be entered in six weekly drawings as well as one grand-prize drawing. Weekly winners will be selected randomly on or around each Monday until the deadline, with the grand-prize winner chosen on Aug. 29.
Dunkin’ has partnered with Shaina Olmanson, founder and photographer for the popular "Food for My Family” blog, to offer the following photography tips:
- Chin up!: Angle your forehead toward the camera to clean up the neck and jaw line. It feels weird but actually looks good!
- Master the 2/3 Turn: Instead of facing square to the camera, turn away about 45 degrees. It will appear to give you a slimmer profile.
- Powder On; Powder Off: A matte finish on your face is essential to achieve a great portrait. Use a powder with a yellow, rather than white tint, to avoid a white cast on your face from the camera flash. Not using powder? Use a napkin to blot your face.
- Experiment with Expressions: A smile is great, but a compelling portrait doesn’t rely on saying “cheese” for the camera. Act out different emotions and moods to create a compelling shot.
- Have Fun: You always look your best when you’re enjoying what you’re doing. Let your hair down, kick off your shoes, smile and show off your pearly whites. Don’t forget to have a bit of fun.
Dunkin’ Donuts packaged coffee is available in the coffee aisle of grocery retailers, drug stores and club stores nationwide in 22-ounce, 24-ounce and 40-ounce bags. For more details, official rules and the Mug Up entry form, visit the promotion’s homepage.