You are here
The 2011-2012 Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Board of Directors took office during PMA’s 2011 Fresh Summit International Convention & Exposition in Atlanta. Chairman of the Board Rich Dachman, vice president of produce, Sysco Corp., Houston, is joined by three other officers and 29 directors.
Other newly appointed PMA officers are:
- Chairman-Elect Jan DeLyser, vice president of marketing, California Avocado Commission, Irvine, Calif.
- Secretary/Treasurer Derrick Jenkins, vice president of produce and floral, Wakefern Food Corp., Elizabeth, N.J.
- Immediate Past Chairman, Mike O’Brien, vice president of produce and floral, Schnuck Markets Inc., St. Louis
- Vice Chairman Tim Riley, executive vice president, The Giumarra Cos., Los Angeles
- Vice Chairman Jim Corby, vice president of produce, Delhaize America, Salisbury, N.C.
Together with PMA President and CEO Bryan Silbermann, the officers comprise a seven-person executive committee.
The directors of the association are:
- Michael Agostini, senior director of produce and floral, Walmart, Bentonville, Ark.
- Mitch Ardantz, managing partner, Bonipak Produce, Santa Maria, Calif.
- Greg Calistro, executive director of produce and floral, Save Mart Supermarkets, Modesto, Calif.
- Marty Craner, president/owner, B&C Fresh, Orange, Calif.
- Tina Fitzgerald, director of produce and corporate and social responsibility, IPC-Independent Purchasing Cooperative, Miami
- Patrick Hynes, senior director of purchasing, Darden Restaurants, Orlando, Fla.
- Dan Johnson, corporate director of produce and floral sales and marketing, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati
- Alec Leach, president, Taylor Farms Inc., Salinas, Calif.
- Dave Lessard, director of produce, Ahold USA Retail, Assonet, Mass.
- Martin Ley, vice president, Del Campo Supreme, Nogales, Ariz.
- Larry McIntosh, president and CEO, Peak of the Market, Winnipeg, Canada
- Matt Middleton, vice president of sales, Marie’s/Ventura Foods, Dallas
- Victor Moller, president, Hortifrut SA, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Robert Ondrus, director of category management produce/wet salads/refrigerated potatoes, Monarch Foods/Division of U.S. Foodservice, Chicago
- John Oxford, president and CEO, L&M Cos., Raleigh, N.C.
- Frank Padilla, vice president, GMM produce & Meat, Costco Wholesale, Seattle
- David Parsley, senior vice president, supply chain management, Brinker International Inc., Dallas
- Joe Pezzini, chief operating officer, Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, Calif.
- Victor Smith, CEO, Fresh Innovations LLC, Yuma, Ariz.
- Mike Solomon, president and CEO, Ready Pac Foods, Irwindale, Calif.
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, CEO, Seald Sweet International, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Craig Stephen, vice president and general manager, bananas and Fresh Select, Chiquita Brands International, Cincinnati
- Michael Stuart, president, Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association, Maitland, Fla.
- Maureen Torrey-Marshall, vice president, Torrey Farms Inc., Elba, N.Y.
- David Werner, corporate director of marketing, Ben E. Keith Foods, Fort Worth, Texas
- Jin Ju Wilder, president, Status Gro, South Pasadena, Calif.
Ex-officio members of the board are:
- John Anderson, PMA Foundation for Industry Talent Chairman, chairman, president and CEO, The Oppenheimer Group, Coquitlam, Canada
- Felicity Robson-Rous, PMA Australia-New Zealand Chairman, general manager of corporate affairs and sustainability, OneHarvest, Brisbain, Australia
Retiring from the board are: Dwight Ferguson, president and CEO, Naturipe Farms, Naples, Fla.; Russ Hanlin, president, Sunkist Growers, Sherman Oaks, Calif.; Derrick Jenkins, vice president of produce and floral, Wakefern Food Corp., Elizabeth, N.J.; Michael Simonetta, CEO, Perfection Fresh Australia, New South Wales, Australia; Maurice Totty, director of produce sales, FAC Food Logistics, Rocky Mount, N.C.; and Will Wedge, owner, Will’s Shop N Save, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine.