You are here
A record 34 fresh fruit and vegetable product innovations are up for the United Fresh Produce Association’s 2011 New Product Awards, finalists for which will compete in six categories for the title of Best New Products at United Fresh 2011, May 2-5 in New Orleans.
“These 34 products represent the forerunners in the effort to bring new approaches, ideas and processes to the fresh fruit and vegetable industry,” says John Toner, United Fresh’s VP of convention and industry relations, adding that the awards program continues “to showcase the best and brightest minds in the produce business.”
Adds Tom Stenzel, United Fresh’s president/CEO, “Our industry’s success is built upon the foresight and creativity of its member companies in bringing new products to market,” which serve to further boost value to the consumer and profitability to the industry.
Products will be on display in the United Fresh Membership Booth on the show floor, where they will be judged by all attendees throughout the show. Winners will be determined by total votes received as of 2:00 p.m. May 4, and will be announced approximately one hour after tabulation.
The 2011 New Product Award finalists are:
Best New Packaging
• Clearly Fresh Bags, Apio, Inc.
• Eco Trays, Clifford Produce
• E-Pack, Daumar Corporation
• IFCO “6408N RPC” (RPC for Berries), IFCO SYSTEMS
• Fresh N Tasty Produce Pouch, Robbie
• MIXIM Classic 5x5 6oz. Bushberry Packaging System, Sambrailo Packaging
Best New Food Safety Solution
• The Arizona Leafy Greens Food Safety Training Kit, Arizona Leafy Green Marketing Agreement
• EMD Portable Analysis System, BioSafe Systems
• SmartWash, New Leaf Food Safety Solutions
• XpressPDF Label – Temperature Monitoring, PakSense
• FreshQC, VirtualOne Software
Best New Processing Equipment
• Primus Gemini – New and Improved Fresh Berry Sorter, Best Sorting
• Onion Top & Tail – Manual, Charlie’s Machine & Supply, Inc.
• OP-120, Onion Peeler – Dofra Foodtec
• Tray Filling System, Automatic Rigid Tray Filling and Lidding System, Heinzen Manufacturing
• Tamajiro Onion Peeling Machine, Nichimo International
• PerfoTec Fast Respiration Meter, PerfoTec BC
• High Capacity Automatic Spin Dryer Mod. Nextra Large, Turatti SRL
Best New Fruit Product
• Chiquita Fruit+Juice Duos, Chiquita Brands North America
• Crunch Pak With Disney, Crunch Pak
• Four Pack Fresh Fruit Cups, Del Monte Fresh Produce, NA, Inc.
• Zima Seriously Sweet Tomato, Mastronardi Produce/Sunset
• Sun Drops Grape Tomatoes, Mucci Farms
• Naturipe Berry Quick Blueberry Snacks, Naturipe Farms, LLC
• Sunkist Premium Table Grapes, Sunkist Growers, Inc.
Best New Packing/Packaging Equipment
• ITM Information That Matters, Heat and Control, Inc.
• Vegatronic 200 Ultrasonic, Ilapak
• Volmpack Ultrek 320 Vertical-Form-Fill-Seal Bagger, Volm Companies, Inc.
Best New Vegetable Product
• Wasabi Arugula, Church Brothers
• Colorful Classics Vegetable Tray & Sweet Honey Dijon Vinaigrette, Colorful Harvest
• Mann’s Snacks On The Go!, Mann Packing Co., Inc.
• Pure Flavor Grill Ready Vegetable Mix, Pure Hot House Foods Inc.
• Ready Pac Salad Singles, Ready Pac Foods, Inc.
• York’s Harvest Garden Chips, Tropical Nut and Fruit
The 2010 New Product Award winners were:
• Best New Packaging: Fresh Express Artisanal Salads, Chiquita Brands North America
• Best New Food Safety Solution: VoiceCode, YottaMark
• Best New Processing Equipment: FogTunnel Produce Treatment System, AgSolutions, Inc.
• Best New Fruit Product: Chiquita Fresh & Ready Avocados, Chiquita Brands North America
• Best New Packing/Processing Equipment: Ulta Bagger (Girbagger) Bagging Machine, Giro Pack
• Best New Vegetable Product: Ready Pac Bistro Seasonal Salads, Italiano & Waldorf, Ready Pac Foods, Inc.
For more information on the 2011 New Product Awards or on United Fresh 2011, contact United’s exposition manager Jamie Woodside at 202-303-3400 ext. 420, or visit unitedfresh.org.