You are here
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) confirmed that a strain of Salmonella Wandsworth bacteria found in Veggie Booty snack food was responsible for an outbreak between March and June 2007, which had prompted a recall.
Epidemiological testing conducted by the Minnesota Agricultural Lab previously implicated Veggie Booty, marketed by Sea Cliff, N.Y.-based Robert's American Gourmet, as the source of the outbreak.
FDA said it continues to advise consumers not to eat any Veggie Booty and to throw away product they have. The agency also advised consumers not to eat Super Veggie Tings Crunchy Corn Sticks, and to throw out any supplies they have, because this product also may be contaminated.
No illnesses have been associated with any other Robert's American Gourmet products.