You are here
Cathy Green, president of Food Lion and Andrew Higginson, chief executive of retailing services and group strategy for Tesco PLC, are among the retail CEOs and senior executives from around the world who will keynote Super Sessions during the upcoming National Retail Federation 100th Annual Convention and Expo, Jan. 9-12, 2011, at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
Aside from Green and Higginson, other retail leaders set to speak during the four-day event include:
• Ian Cheshire, Group Chief Executive, Kingfisher plc
• Claudio Del Vecchio, Chairman and CEO, Retail Brand Alliance (Brooks Brothers
• Stephen Finney, SVP, Global Retail, Operations, Disney Store
• Ben Fischman, CEO, Rue La La
• Mindy Grossman, CEO, HSN, Inc.
• Terry Lundgren, Chairman, CEO and President, Macy’s, Inc.
• Matthew Rubel, Chairman, CEO and President, Collective Brands, Inc. (Payless Shoe Source)
• Kevin Ryan, Founder and CEO, Gilt Group
• Peter Sachse, CMO, Macy’s Inc., Chairman and CEO, Macys.com
• Gordon Segal, Co-Founder and retired CEO, Crate and Barrel
In addition to the CEO-led Super Sessions, NRF’s other educational content will be broken out into special programming tracks, giving attendees a map of specific content they find most important. New this year, NRF will highlight original research, with speakers and executives presenting the latest findings on topics including sustainability, global outlooks and industry initiatives for the upcoming year.
Select tracks with original research being presented include:
• Global Powers of Retailing: Growth through Globalization, Sun., 1/9/11, 10:15 – 11:45 a.m. Breakout Session – Hall E, 1E 14/15/16, Richard Human, Strategic Advisor, Consumer Business, Deloitte LLP
• The Pulse of the Vibrant Boomer Woman Shopper: What she Really Wants, Monday, 1/10/11, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Breakout Session – Hall E, 1E 14/15. Speakers: Stephen Riley, Founder and CEO, VibrantNation.com; Sean Seitzinger, SVP of Innovation and Consulting, SymphonyIRI Group.
• Retail Horizons: Benchmarks 2010 – Forecasts 2011, Tuesday, 1/11/11, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.. Breakout Session – Hall E, 1E 14/15. Speaker: Bruce Besanko, EVP/CFO/CAO, OfficeMax, Inc.
As one of the world's largest retail trade associations, NRF’s membership is comprised of all retail formats and channels of distribution including department, specialty, discount, catalog, Internet, independent stores, chain restaurants, drug stores and grocery stores as well as the industry's key trading partners of retail goods and services.
For more information, visit www.nrf.com.