You are here
Food Lion banner Bloom plans to deploy interactive touchscreen computer consoles on the shopping carts at its Fort Mill, N.C. store to enhance the shopping experience and gain insights on shoppers’ in-store behavior.
The grocer said it will use the Concierge shopping system from Springboard Retail Networks Inc., which attaches directly to the push handle of the shopping cart and features a product-finder, in-store special lookup, recipes, and other useful information.
“At Bloom, we take pride in being a different kind of grocery store,” said Robin Johnson, director of marketing for Bloom. “We’re committed to delivering exceptional product quality and variety, superior service, great prices and a unique culture. Technology is a strategic differentiator, enabling us to enrich and enhance the in-store experience and put our values into action so we always have happy, satisfied guests.”
The Concierge shopping system will be available early 2009, and its features include:
- A store directory and built-in tracking to guide shoppers to specific products.
- Automatic shopping list checking and a running total of items and savings as products are scanned before they are placed into the cart.
- Faster check-out: Products don’t need to be unloaded – the shopper just hands his or her loyalty card to the cashier along with coupons.
- A database of recipes and meal-planning suggestions, with automatic addition of all ingredients to the shopping list after the shopper selects a recipe.
- A navigation system that recognizes a customer’s unique shopping pattern to make recommendations based on prior or complementary purchases.
- Delivery of targeted advertising.