You are here
Foodservice equipment manufacturers are staying abreast of industry demands even in these economically stressed times, realizing that progress is their most important product. Among some of the notable equipment innovations:
- The versatile Hot Food Module from Alto-Shaam is now available in a new 24-inch width, model HFM-24. The new 24-inch x 24-inch size is for small areas that need heated surface capabilities. The company’s Hot Food Modules allow the user to combine their own solid surface with a Halo Heat, base-heated recessed thermal shelf for a décor-matching counter top blend. The heat-adjustable module provides optimal radiant surface temperature maintenance for serving or carving and can be built into any new or existing service line. They are also available in 30, 48, and 72-inch lengths.
For more information, visit www.alto-sham.com.
- Hobart has launched Advansys warewashing system, and the first product available in the line is the Advansys Ventless Door Type, the recipient of this year’s National Restaurant Association’s Kitchen Innovations award and the Foodservice Consultants Society International (FCSI) Product of the Year award for 2010.
The patent-pending Energy Star qualified Advansys Ventless Door type can save more than $5,000 in energy recovery, reduced HVAC use, and the elimination of a vent hood and fan installation. The new warewasher washes both pots and pans and dishware with adjustable cycle times of one, two, four, and six minutes plus condensing cycle. Hobart’s Door Type warewasher series is available in electric and includes standard height, tall, and front-loading models.
For more information, visit www.hobartcorp.com.
- OHAUS Corporation has introduced the Valor 5000 line of standard (6,000d) and high resolution (30,000d) compact bench scales, which display results within two seconds, have a large, backlit LCD display with & and multiple weight units to provide efficient measurement in foodservice applications.
The Valor 5000 bench scales offer LED display of Checkweighing results and an audible buzzer to alert users when limits are reached, as well as spill resistant design and battery operation. There are also bright annunciators for scale stability, center of zero, and net and tare weights.
The scales support HAACP compliance and when used in check weighing mode, functions with three LED indicators, an audible alarm, and percentage weighing. It provides readings in multiple weighing units and has a remote tare foot switch connection. The Valor 500 can be set to the mode and weighing units required, and then locked in using either software or hardware locks to ensure the critical configuration is not accidentally changed.
For more information, visit www.ohaus.com.
- Hill Phoenix has improved its Walk-Ins Division with product innovations such as a floor screed with beveled edges and pre-drilled holes to make installation easier, a jam guard with no exposed fastenings, a special hinge that raises the door 3/4-inch for easier opening and closing, and a patented panel joint design that creates a vapor-proof sealed panel joint without using butyl.
- A Construction Services department schedules and coordinates installations and all components, and has a new method of packaging to speed up product staging and installation while keeping the product safe, and also keeping waste to a minimum on the job site.
Environmentally sound products use eco-friendly HFC foam, and there is a ten-year warranty for panels and a one-year warranty for installation.
For more information, visit www.hillphoenix.com/coolers/coolers.html.