You are here
Giant Eagle, Inc. introduced to Pittsburgh its newest store design with the opening of an 87,500-square-foot unit that features an open market-style floor plan with 30-foot high ceilings, skylights, and expanded produce, bakery, health and beauty, and cheese departments.
Located at 155 Towne Centre Dr. in the northern suburbs of Pine Township, the new 24-hour store boasts an expansive prepared foods department with an indoor and outdoor café, a sushi bar, an international grocery aisle, a complete Nature’s Basket organic department, an entertainment section, and service departments for added customer convenience such as a dual-lane drive-through pharmacy, full-service dry cleaning, and an Eagle’s Nest child care center that provides in-store supervised learning and activities for children ages three to nine.
“The new Pine location represents the latest evolution of the Giant Eagle supermarket,” said Rob Borella, senior marketing director for the regional retailer.
Among the departmental highlights of the new store:
- A wide selection of high quality fresh fruits and vegetables, including as many as 18 varieties of peppers, 16 types of tomatoes and 13 varieties of mushrooms.
- Fully-staffed meat and seafood departments featuring USDA Choice and Prime Certified Angus Beef, Giant Eagle Nature’s Basket natural antibiotic and hormone-free chicken, beef, fresh and frozen turkeys, as well as natural and organic meats with cut-to-order services available for many of the offerings. The seafood department also offers a wide variety of shrimp, crab and lobster, featuring Wild American Shrimp, premium size king crab legs, and live lobsters.
- A cheese shop staffed by certified cheesemongers with more than 400 specialty and gourmet cheeses from around the world, as well as an antipasti and olive bar featuring as many as 40 offerings.
- A diverse selection of fresh, high quality prepared dishes in an expansive sit-down café atmosphere and the area’s largest salad bar offerings. With more than 60 items, the café also offers specialty sandwiches, roasted meats, ethnic foods, and an assortment of grab-n-go meal solutions.
- An array of savings opportunities, including Giant Eagle’s fuelperks! program that offers customers 10 cents off per gallon of GetGo fuel with every $50 in supermarket purchases with a Giant Eagle Advantage Card; a generic prescription program that offers more than 400 commonly prescribed generic prescriptions priced at just $4 each for a 30-day supply.
Added conveniences include a Citizens Bank branch, Dress For Success Cleaners dry cleaning services, floral and photo departments.
With 161 corporate and 60 independently owned and operated supermarkets, Giant Eagle also operates 153 fuel and convenience stores throughout western Pennsylvania, Ohio, north central West Virginia and Maryland.