You are here
The Global Market Development Center (GMDC) has named the companies with Top 10 Showcase Products from the GMDC Pavilion Showcase featured at the National Grocers Association’s (NGA) 2014 Show, held Feb. 9-12 in Las Vegas.
The 3,000-square-foot GMDC pavilion allowed members to highlight their newest lines and to promote both general merchandise and health-beauty-wellness products and categories. NGA retailers and wholesalers were able to study and compare new products and supplier offerings during the pre-ordering process and scanned the ones they were most interested in. Products ranged in variety from floor and counter-top displays to pallet programs, clip strips and single retail items.
Following the NGA Show, GMDC tallied the Showcase’s scanned items, which consisted of more than 117 entries from 85 companies, and the Top 10 scanned items resulted in the following:
- Fun Time Inflation Station by MegaFun USA: The FunTime Inflation Station features a proprietary 8.5-inch Play Balls called Inflate-A-Balls. Customers get to choose and inflate their own Inflate-A-Ball on the spot, at the store.
- Oenophilia EmPOURium: Designed to help retailers help you make the most of that valuable real estate and achieve the highest profit return, the Oenophilia EmPOURium accommodates up to 55 items with a small footprint: 18 inches diameter and 72 inches high.
- The Cappy: The Cappy functions as both a beverage can closer and opener, and is available in 12 distinctive colors. The Cappy color identifies ownership, extends freshness/carbonation, keeps the drinking surface clean, protects the integrity of the beverage, and reduces spills.
- As Seen on TV by L & R Distributors:The latest items from the popular As Seen on TV Category. Planograms range from 3 feet to 12 feet
- Enoz Fruit Fly Trap by Willert Home Products: Willert’s Enoz Fruit Fly Traps are easy to deploy; users just pull and fill, the trap is sealed for product stability. It’s non-toxic, safe for kids and pets, and lasts up to 30 days.
- Lifestyle Wine & Bar Tool Line by True Fabrications: True Fabrications is a manufacturer of wine chillers and wine aerators.
- Printed Cell Cases by Novelty Inc.: A series of cell case floor displays produced by Novelty, Inc. The display featured at the NGA Show contains sizes for popular phones such as iPhone 4G, iPhone 5G and Samsung Galaxy S III. The designs include camo, retro, inspirational, youthful, and more.
- Chia Omega 3 Chia Seeds by Joseph Enterprises: Chia Omega 3 Chia Seeds are an excellent source of ALA Omega-3, promoting heart health; fiber, promoting digestive health; and calcium, promoting strong bones and protein and antioxidants.
- The Ove Glove by Joseph Enterprises: The Ove Glove Hot Surface, now features a non-slip silicone grip. It withstands extreme heat up to 540 degrees F, is made of Kevlar and Nomex by Dupont, and is machine washable.
Three way Tie for 10th Place:
Tub of Towels Specialty Wipes by Federal Process: The “World’s Toughest Wipes” are quickly becoming the performance enthusiast’s top choice for knocking out tough grime and grease at the garage or track.
Rubbermaid Lunch Box by Newell Rubbermaid: These modular containers snap together in multiple configurations to efficiently use the space in your lunch box or bag. Your lunch stays chilled with snap in Blue Ice.
6-Bin Technology Center by Tell Industries: Features six high-quality/high-margin tech accessories that are must-haves for anyone who uses a cell phone or tablet. The 6-inch x 8-inch display is perfect for countertop placement and has been a proven winner when placed near the register at checkout.