You are here
Colorado Springs, Colo.-based Global Market Development Center has elected five new members to its board of directors and appointed a new chairman.
“Now, and more than ever, GMDC is delivering additional value to its membership through new programs developed by our Boards,” said Dave McConnell, president and CEO of GMDC. “We continue to drive innovation programs throughout 2013. I am very excited to have these reputable and world-class company executives helping lead our association and building new and efficient ways of conducting business while making our existing model even stronger.”
GMDC’s board of directors serve on a two-year term basis. Its newly elected board officers are:
- Chairman: Bill Anderson, group VP, drugstore, beauty, GM, floral and services, H-E-B
- Vice-Chairman: Dewayne Rabon, VP, general merchandise/HBC/family care, BI-LO/Winn-Dixie
- Secretary/Treasurer: Steve Davis, director of center store, GM/HBC and grocery nonfoods, Weis Markets, Inc.
The new directors to the board are:
- David Lowe, senior director, HBC/GM/seasonal, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Michael O’Shell, director, center store, Rouses Enterprises, L.L.C.
- Bob Richardson, director of sales, industry and customer development, Clorox/Burt’s Bees
- Mitch Terry, VP sales and merchandising HBC/GM, Associated Grocers of Florida, Inc.
- Kathy Williams, senior business manager GM/HBC, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores
The association and its board of directors utilize the counsel of four standing advisory committees:
- General Merchandise (GM) Advisory Board represents the unique perspective of the GM supplier constituency.
- Health Beauty Wellness (HBW) Advisory Board represents the unique perspective of the HBW supplier constituency.
- Membership Advisory Board (MAB) attracts and retains stakeholders and associates throughout the GM and HBW industries.
- Education Leadership Council (ELC) provides strategic direction and facilitation for the association's educational communications and assets.
The complete list of GMDC 2013 board of directors is available on the GMDC website.