You are here
“Groupon has worked with several hundred thousand local businesses around the world and through these relationships they’ve told us they want a point-of-sale that is specific to their type of business,” said Mihir Shah, VP, Merchant OS. “Breadcrumb POS is free, easy to use, designed for seven of the most popular types of local businesses and comes with one of the most competitive payment processing plans in the United States.”
Launched May 2013, Breadcrumb POS was developed to deliver highly-relevant features for a broad range of merchants, including the ability to use pre-loaded menus and inventory lists; process offline transactions; scan and redeem Groupon vouchers; track deal performance; and add custom item modifiers. As a result of the 1.2 updates, Groupon now has a point-of-sale solution for every type of local business.
Breadcrumb POS includes several new features:
- Seven preloaded menus and inventory lists for the most popular types of local businesses, enabling merchants to start running their systems within minutes. Merchants can also now add, scroll and search thousands of menu items.
- Keeps checkout lines moving in the event the Internet connection is disrupted, storing transactions for up to one hour and processing offline transactions once WiFi resumes.
- Built-in Groupon redemption provides for a smooth transaction experience for both merchants and consumers. In addition, the system enables merchants to exclude products and services not eligible for the discount and tracks overall deal performance.
- Make changes or add to any item or package and seamlessly apply them to a customer’s bill.
Other Breadcrumb by Groupon solutions include:
- Breadcrumb PRO: Caters exclusively to restaurants and bars that require a more extensive set of features such as check and table management and time clock functionality.
- Breadcrumb Payments: Payments service backed by a low-price guarantee to save local businesses money on credit card transactions that offers rates of 1.8 percent plus 15 cents per transaction (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees.
- Groupon Merchants App for iPhone and Android: Enables local businesses to process credit card transactions, accept and redeem Groupon vouchers and measure the performance of Groupon deals.