Quick Stats

Quick Stats

    You are here

    Hannaford Repeats Campaign to Help Fight Breast Cancer

    SCARBOROUGH, Maine -- Hannaford Supermarkets rolled out its second annual fundraising program to help raise breast cancer awareness in Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont and Massachusetts yesterday.

    SCARBOROUGH, Maine -- Hannaford Supermarkets rolled out its second annual fundraising program to help raise breast cancer awareness in Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont and Massachusetts yesterday.

    The program, which runs through Oct. 27, enables shoppers to make their donations part of their food bill. Stores have donation coupons available at all registers, and customers can make a donation of $2 or $5. All funds raised will be donated to breast cancer organizations. Last year the program raised over $49,000.

    "Hannaford is committed to providing financial assistance to charitable programs and organizations that enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve," said Hannaford director of external communications Caren Epstein.

    The need for such a program is obvious: "One in eight women will be affected by breast cancer in her lifetime," noted Epstein.

    The initiative was scheduled for October in conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

    At Hannaford stores in New York’s Hudson Valley of New York, customer donations will support the Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation. Donations made at all the rest of the retailer's locations will benefit local affiliates of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, with 75 percent of donations to the Komen affiliates remaining the local community, while 25 percent go to Komen National. Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the world's largest grass-roots network of breast cancer survivors and activists.

    Related Content

    Related Content