You are here
Harris Teeter donated over $8.29 million to its nonprofit partners during its 2013 fiscal year ended Oct. 1, alongside 5.1 million pounds of donated food to hunger relief organizations.
Harris Teeter annually supports a variety of nonprofit organizations in its communities, including local food banks, recreational youth sports organizations, K-12 schools and The United Way. The retailer's fiscal year 2013 giving total represents monies donated through a combination of contributions, vendor-sponsored programs, in-store merchandising campaigns and donation card campaigns, as well as associate contributions made through Harris Teeter’s annual Community Cares Associate Giving Program.
Contributions made to nonprofit organizations between Oct. 2, 2012 and Oct. 1, 2013 include:
- $1,337,263 to schools through Together in Education
- $550,000 to hunger-relief organizations as part of a donation card campaign
- $340,000 to JDRF as part of a donation card campaign
- $587,000 to USO and Wounded Warrior Project as part of a donation card campaign
- $520,000 to United Way as part of a donation card campaign
Harris Teeter’s Community Cares Associate Giving Program and United Way Donation Card Campaign marked the final charitable campaign in the Company’s 2013 fiscal year. As part of the campaign, Harris Teeter associates made pledges totaling nearly $2 million to organizations including American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, United Way, food bank partners, Arts & Science Council in Mecklenburg County and the Hugh Ashcraft Foundation. A video of the campaign can be viewed here.