You are here
Beef. Peanut butter. Baby food. Cookie dough. These are just some of the high profile recalls we've seen in the last year. Consumers worldwide are worried—and rightly so. Is their food safe? And where did it come from?
All of this culminates to the US Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009. The initiative will give the FDA increased oversight of the nation’s food chain from field to store as well as increase the number of food-related inspections; retailers need to know how this will impact their business, their suppliers and their customers.
IBM started a conversation on a smarter food supply at the CIES World Food Business Summit in New York City. The following week we gathered members of Congress, FDA, USDA, retailers, manufacturers and others to talk through food safety issues on Capitol Hill.
Now, join Progressive Grocer Magazine, for this interactive, Web Seminar, sponsored by IBM, and hear from industry experts including former FDA Associate Commissioner Dr. David Acheson now leading the food and import safety practice at Leavitt Partners LLC and Supermarket Guru Phil Lempert as they explore how this legislation, if enacted, will affect, consumer products companies, retailers, and of course, consumers. We will also take a look at what the food industry is doing independently to drive change toward a safer, more sustainable food supply. Attend this online-only event and learn what retailers are doing to drive change within the industry for a safer, more sustainable supply chain.
During this Web Seminar you will:
• Gain insight into the consumers' perception on food safety and how that perception can become your business reality
• Learn the cost of doing nothing - the financial, operational and brand reputation impacts of food safety issues
• Discover real ways your business can respond to these food safety challenges
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 3:00 PM Eastern
• Guy Blissett, Senior Managing Consultant, Global Consumer Products Industry, IBM
• Phil Lempert, The Supermarket Guru
• David Acheson, M.D., F.R.C.P., Former FDA Associate Commissioner
• Moderator: Elliot Markowitz, Editorial Director, Nielsen Business Media Webcasts/Digital Events