You are here
Twelve leaders from across the food industry will serve on Progressive Grocer’s 2014 Top Women in Grocery Event and Education Advisory Board.
Comprising a diverse group of distinguished professionals from various facets of the industry, the newly formed board will provide objective and experienced insights to further enhance the industry’s premier women’s leadership awards program’s gala event and afternoon learning and networking platform.
Members of PG’s 2014 Top Women in Grocery Event and Education Advisory Board are as follows:
- Michele G. Buck, President, North America, The Hershey Co.
- Jan DeLyser, VP of Marketing, California Avocado Commission
- Dawn Gilmore, Senior Manager, Talent and Performance Development, The Kroger Co.
- Jane Hilk, EVP, Kraft Foods Group
- Lynn Marmer, Group VP of Corporate Affairs, The Kroger Co.
- Teena Massingill, Director, Corporate Public Affairs, Safeway Inc.
- Jane Novak-Cook, VP, Customer Business Development, Food Channel, NA, Procter & Gamble
- Ken Peterson, VP, Field HR and Diversity, Bi-Lo Holdings, LLC
- Larree Renda, EVP, Safeway Inc.
- Leslie G. Sarasin, President/CEO, Food Marketing Institute
- Joan Toth, President & CEO, Network of Executive Women
- Lisa Walsh, VP, PepsiCo Sales
“We are thrilled to have such a high caliber of seasoned leaders serving as first-ever members of our Top Women in Grocery Events and Education Advisory Board,” said PG’s Chief Content Editor Meg Major. “One of our key goals of establishing an event and education board of advisers is the opportunity to gain beneficial guidance and viewpoints from a cross-section of talented leaders from some of the best-respected organizations in the industry. We are deeply grateful for their participation, which will be invaluable in helping our Top Women in Grocery educational platform and gala celebration evolve from good to great in 2014.”
Nominations are currently being accepted for Top Women in Grocery, which recognizes the integral role women play across all segments of the retail food industry. As in years past, women will be honored from both the retailer and supplier communities in three categories:
1. Senior Level Executives (retailers, suppliers and wholesalers)
2. Rising Stars (retailers, suppliers and wholesalers with job titles above store manager but below VP)
3. Store Managers (retailers only)
Compiled from achievements attained during the past year, Top Women in Grocery, now in its eighth year, recognizes innovative corporate initiatives, extraordinary financial and strategic accomplishments, astute problem-solving acumen, exceptional performance benchmarks, and selfless charitable participation, among other attributes that go above and beyond the call of duty.
More information about the awards program, including how to nominate yourself or a colleague, is available here.