You are here
Land O'Frost, the nation's largest family-owned packaged lunch meat company, is offering an opportunity for consumers to win its "Hungry for Adventure" promotion. The grand prize includes a trip for four to either travel aboard the National Geographic Sea Lion through Alaska with experienced naturalists, or snorkel in the Galapagos Islands.
"As a family-owned company, we support families in everything we do from producing high quality lunch meats to designing family promotions," said Keith Hill, director of brand management at Lansing, Ill.-based Land O'Frost. "This kicks off a great line up of family-oriented promotions for Land O'Frost in 2013."
Consumers can look for special codes on packages of Land O'Frost Premium in grocery stores nationwide and enter online for a chance to win the all-expense paid trip.
In addition to the grand prize, 1,500 first-prize winners will receive National Geographic's "10 Best of Everything Families" edition book. And all consumers who enter their code during the promotion will gain instant access to view a special National Geographic video.
To help families get the maximum amount of enjoyment from their vacation, National Geographic's "10 Best of Everything Families" edition book offers the following travel tips for families:
- Consider Going Local: Local destinations can spark interest in active discovery. Most are low cost and many are free.
- Connect Travel with Learning: Learning happens everywhere! Consider your child's educational level and interests. It can help you plan trips that supplement school topics and introduce new ways of thinking.
- Plan Ahead: Refer to websites of your destinations before embarking on your trip. At the same time, be flexible. The best adventures can take you by surprise.
- Go to the Library: Read novels or see movies that are set in different countries if your trip takes you abroad. You'll absorb new ideas about geography, languages and history.
- Pack a Day Pack: A flat-bottomed canvas bag with pockets makes a nice travel caddy. Pack it with maps, itineraries, sunscreen, spare sunglasses and a pad of paper and pencils. Add some empty plastic bags to use as trash receptacles.
For full rules and to enter a code, consumers can visit www.LandOMoms.com.