You are here
ALEXANDRIA, Va. - The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Foundation board of directors elected eight new members and re-elected 10 current members this week during the NACDS Annual Meeting in Scottsdale, Ariz.
The foundation is the education, research, and charitable affiliate of NACDS. It supports programs that advance and strengthen the chain pharmacy industry for the benefit of the public it serves. Among its activities, the foundation provides scholarships for pharmacy students and supports pharmacy education programs that address the needs of community pharmacy practice. Additionally, the foundation supports research efforts which document community pharmacy's role and value in America's healthcare system.
The newly elected members are:
- Robert Belknap, Jr., executive director, trade relations, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- James Caro, senior director, pharmacy practice and trade organizations, sanofi-aventis
- Eileen H. Dunn, v.p., corporation communications and community relations, CVS/Caremark Corporation
- John L. Fish, v.p., trade, pharmacy sales and operations, GlaxoSmithKline
- Philip Gioia, s.v.p., sales, Barr Laboratories, Inc.
- Theresa (Tip) I. Parker, RPh, director trade relations and pharmacy development, Abbott Laboratories, Inc.-Pharmaceutical Products Division
- Karen Rugen, s.v.p., corporate communications and public affairs, Rite Aid Corp.
- Bryan K. Stuke, v.p., customer business development, Procter & Gamble
Elected as board officers are:
- Chairman: Steven C. Anderson, IOM, CAE, NACDS president and c.e.o.
- President: Phillip L. Schneider, NACDS Foundation president and v.p., External Affairs
- Secretary: Sandra Guckian, NACDS, v.p., pharmacy education and research
- Treasurer: R. James Huber, NACDS, e.v.p., finance and administration, and c.f.o.
The re-elected board members are:
- Anthony N. Civello, chairman, president, and c.e.o., Kerr Drug, Inc.
- T. Wade Duke, v.p., national sales, mass., drug, club, Coca-Cola Company/Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Mark E. Griffin, president and c.e.o., Lewis Drugs, Inc.
- Tal Levitt, s.v.p., corporate affairs, Taro Pharmaceuticals, USA, Inc.
- Robert James Maur, president, Genpham L.P.
- Karl M. Obrecht, s.v.p., Mass Channel Sales
- Stephen E. Paoletti, s.v.p., sales, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
- Mark W. Parrish, chairman and c.e.o., Medicine Shoppe International, Inc.
- Phillip L. Schneider, NACDS
- Kevin H. Tripp, RPh, e.v.p., drug operations and president Drug Store Division, Albertson, Inc., SUPERVALU, Inc.