You are here
The Nestle Company has issued a voluntary recall of four varieties of its 48-gram Kit Kat Chunky products sold in the U.K., Germany, Switzerland, Malta, Austria, Singapore, Philippines and Canada.
The recalled varieties include Peanut Butter, Hazelnut, Choc Fudge and Caramel, as well as the Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg. No other Kit Kat product is affected.
Details of the recalled products are as follows:
- Kit Kat Chunky Peanut Butter (48g) – Best before date range: 09-2013 to 02-2014
- Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut (48g) – Best before date range: 09-2013 to 10-2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Choc Fudge (48g) – Best before date range: 09-2013 to 10-2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Choc Fudge (48g) -- Best before date range: 09-2013 to 10-2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Caramel (48g) -- Best before date range: 06-2013 to 07-2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Multipack – Best before date range: 09-2013 to 12-2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg – Best before date: 07-2013
Several consumers have contacted Nestle after finding small pieces of plastic in the product. As a precaution, the company has decided to recall the entire production. The recall does not impact any of The Hershey Company’s Kit Kat products distributed in the U.S.
Consumers who have purchased the Kit Kat Chunky special variety products listed above are advised to return the product to the following address for a full refund.
Consumers wanting more information can call 0800 604604 (U.K.) or 00800 6378 5385 (ROI).
Kit Kat Chunky Recall
PO Box 205
York, YO91 1XB