You are here
LOS ANGELES - Unified Western Grocers, Inc. here yesterday said its directors re-elected Louis A. Amen, president, Super A Foods, Inc., also based here, as chairman of the board of the retailer-owned wholesale grocery cooperative.
The directors renamed Amen chairman during the company's annual shareholders' meeting, held Feb. 13 in Cerritos, Calif.
Directors also re-elected Peter J. O'Neal, president, White Salmon Foods, Inc., Estacada Foods, Inc. and Novato Foods, Inc., Estacada, Ore. as first vice chairman; and re-elected Richard L. Wright, president, Wright's Foodliner, Inc., Eugene, Ore., second vice chairman.
Elected to their first terms on the board for 2007 were two retailers from Southern California: Oscar Gonzalez, c.o.o., Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Inc., Anaheim, CA; and John Najjar, president, Cardiff Seaside Market, Inc., Cardiff, CA.
Other individuals elected by shareholders to serve on Unified's board are:
- John Berberian, president, Berberian Enterprises, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif.
- Darioush Khaledi, chairman of the board and c.e.o., K.V. Mart Co., Carson, Calif.
- Mark H. Kidd, president, Mar-Val Food Stores, Inc., Lodi, Calif.
- John D. Lang, president and c.e.o., Epson America, Inc., Long Beach, Calif.
- Jay McCormack, president and c.e.o., Rio Ranch Markets, Glen Avon, Calif.
- Douglas A. Nidiffer, President and Chief Executive Officer, C&K Markets, Inc., Brookings, Ore.
- Michael A. Provenzano, Jr., President, Pro & Son's, Inc., president, Provo, Inc., President, Pro & Family, Inc., Ontario, Calif.
- Thomas S. Sayles, v.p., governmental and community affairs, Sempra Energy, San Diego, Calif.
- Robert E. Stiles, president, Gelson's Markets, Encino, Calif.
- Kenneth Ray Tucker, president, Evergreen Markets, Inc., Greenville, Calif.
All 15 directors on Unified's Board were elected to one-year terms.
Unified Western Grocers, Inc. supplies independent retailers throughout the Western United States.