You are here
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Cryovac Division of Sealed Air Corp. and its president, Stuart Prosser, were honored as the 2006 Supplier of the Year at the annual meeting of the with the American Meat Institute based here.
The award was presented during the AMI Annual Convention and Innovation Showcase, October 4-6, 2006, in Hollywood, Fla.
In presenting the award, AMI chairman Robert Manly, e.v.p., Smithfield Foods, Inc., commended Cryovac for providing a host of packaging solutions that have ensured the integrity of our products and extended shelf life.
"Innovative Cryovac systems also have reduced packaging labor dramatically and offered ergonomic benefits by eliminating injury prone activities," Manly said. "The company has been instrumental in helping a significant part of the industry convert to case ready packaging."
At AMI, Cryovac's team has supported AMI's education programs through generous grants. In particular, Cryovac has funded Annual Meat Conference research, and the resulting findings have benefited AMI members and retail customers. Cryovac also has served the industry through membership on the AMI supplier committee and the board of directors.
Manly called Prosser a visionary leader with the ability to bring people together to solve problems and achieve goals.
"Perhaps most importantly, Cryovac views itself as an integral part of - not just a supplier to - the meat and poultry industry. This philosophy has made Cryovac a company that one can truly view as a 'partner' in achieving goals," Manly said.
Seven new members were also elected to AMI's board of directors, all of whom will serve a three-year term ending December 2009. The new AMI board members include:
* David Brown, president and c.e.o., Formax, Inc., Mokena, Ill.
* Mel Coleman, chairman, Coleman Natural Foods, Golden, Col.
* Gary Cooper, v.p./c.o.o. Cooper Farms, Oakwood, Ohio
* Karl Deily, v.p./marketing food packaging, Cryovac Div./Sealed Air Corp., Duncan, S.C.
* Nick Meriggioli, group v.p. and president, N.A. convenient meals sector, Kraft Foods, Madison, Wis.
* Rick Hoffman, c.e.o., Triumph Foods, Saint Joseph, Mo.
* Scott Scriven, president and c.e.o., Weber, Inc., Kansas City, Mo.
In addition, three AMI members were elected to the executive committee to serve one-year terms from 2006-2007. The three new members are:
* Bill Barnette, III., v.p., Carolina Pride Foods, Inc., Greenwood, S.C.
* Nick Meriggioli, group v.p./president, N.A. Convenient Meals Sector, Kraft Foods, Madison, Wis.
* Jim Ransom, president, Curwood, Inc., Oshkosh, Wis.