You are here
CARSON, Calif. -- Bristol Farms yesterday opened its fourteenth California location - and it's first in the San Francisco Bay area.
"The store is located on the concourse level of the brand new Westfield San Francisco Centre, right in the hub of the city," said Kevin Davis, president, chairman, and c.e.o. of Bristol Farms. "The neighborhood and surrounding community is an exceptional fit for a specialty store like Bristol Farms. Our specialty food and fresh product mix is unique to the area, and will fulfill a need that the San Francisco community has been hungry for.
(Story continues below.)
"We place a heavy emphasis on the peripheral departments, including our deli and cheese departments, restaurant quality grab-and-go foods, specialty full-service meat, seafood and sushi departments, and our locally grown fresh natural and organically grown produce," Davis continued.
Like all Bristol Farms locations, the new San Francisco store will offer high quality produce, meats, seafood, sushi, a Peet's Coffee Cafe, a deli and cheese offering, and extensive bakery, all surrounded by a blend of specialty grocery.
"The people and culture of San Francisco demand the best from a specialty food store, and we are proud to bring San Francisco the finest healthy and deliciously fresh prepared foods." said Davis. "We pride ourselves on our knowledgeable staff; our Bristol Farms team for the San Francisco store has been hand-selected and completed extensive training so they can continue our company's tradition of providing customers with information about our specialty foods, produce, meats, and cheeses. Our Bristol Farms team members are experts in their area, and will share their food knowledge to enhance our customer's shopping experience."
The store's features include:
- A chocolate bar with a selection of local and international chocolates, and a chocolate fountain serving a variety of chocolate dipped fruits, vegetables, nuts, crackers, and cookies.
- Hot nut bar with a wide variety of fresh, warm specialty nuts from around the world.
- Pasta hot water drop station serving a variety of pasta and pasta sauces made to order.
- A selection of produce from around the world, as well as locally grown natural and organic items.
- Fresh hand-picked seafood delivered daily.
- Organic, antibiotic and hormone free, free range air chilled poultry, known for its for freshness and flavor.
- Hormone and antibiotic free American-raised, all-natural beef, including prime and prime aged beef with a dry-aged beef locker on site.
- More than 300 different types of artisan cheeses.
- An olive bar featuring varieties from around the world.
- Rotisserie carving station featuring beef, pork, and poultries.
- Made-to-order crepe station featuring eight different crepe selections.
- European artisan hearth-style breads, baked fresh daily.
- A full-service floral shop featuring quality flowers and plants from all over the world with floral designers on site.
Bristol Farms has been planning the Westfield San Francisco Centre store for almost two years, and selected the site in downtown's newest development as the perfect crossroads to accommodate Northern California's diverse and fast moving customer base.
"Westfield's Market Street development will be the focal point of the city's shopping district," said Davis, "We are excited about being in Northern California, especially the Bay Area, and we believe this is the perfect location for our new store."
The San Francisco store features a uniquely designed decor package that celebrates and highlights the San Francisco community, including historical early 40s and 50s murals that detail the city's history.
Located adjacent to the BART station at Market Street and Powell in downtown San Francisco, the store is walking distance for thousands of the city's residents.