You are here
BENTONVILLE, Ark. -- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. here said yesterday it plans to appeal an Arkansas judge's dismissal of its lawsuit against former vice chairman Tom Coughlin.
The judge dismissed the lawsuit on Monday, arguing that the company didn't present any new claims since it amended the lawsuit in November. (The judge dismissed the company's earlier lawsuit.)
A Wal-Mart spokeswoman told The Associated Press yesterday that the required papers to appeal the decision will be filed next week.
Wal-Mart has claimed that Coughlin conspired with other executives to defraud the company of money and property. The retailer sued Coughlin last year to end his retirement agreement and to retrieve the money they say he misused.
The company maintains that Coughlin had a legal responsibility to tell the company that he had embezzled money.
Coughlin has denied any wrongdoing.