You are here
HOUSTON -- Rice Epicurean Markets, based here, has opened its spacious new headquarters just next door to the building where owners and managers have conducted the business of the family-owned grocery chain for the past 45 years.
Employees moved into the new offices just after the first of the year at 5333 Gulfton in Southwest Houston, but such considerations as continued construction on parking facilities, now completed, delayed the official announcement of the opening until yesterday, according to the company. The 16,000 square-foot space houses all executive offices, advertising and real estate departments, additional warehouse space, and a wide assortment of offices to handle the day-to-day operations of the five-store chain.
Built on property 68-year-old Rice Epicurean Markets has owned since moving its headquarters there in 1960, the new office building also provides state-of-the-art meeting and classroom spaces.
Less than a year and a half ago, the third generation of the Rice Epicurean Markets family unveiled a new prototype supermarket following a large-scale redesign of the Rice Epicurean Markets store at 5016 San Felipe, the site of the company's second store, which opened in 1957. The new store brought Rice Epicurean Markets shoppers an array of new products, services, and departments while expanding on the attributes that have long made it an outlet for select gourmet foods and cottage industry products in Southeast Texas. Among the exclusive highlights of the prototype store was the first market availability of USDA Prime Dry-Aged Beef.
Founded in 1937 by William H. Levy, Rice Epicurean Markets additionally offers home delivery, charge cards, and full-service catering and floral services.