You are here
Murray’s Cheese has transformed its flagship store at 254 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village with the addition of 1,000 square feet and 300 new items as part of a major renovation.
Among the highlights of the revamped Murray’s is a yogurt bar, a meat curing room, a new grilled cheese station, and a new back room with finishes in reclaimed wood.
Highlights of the expansion include:
- 300 hard-to-find new items from all over the U.S. and Europe, from bitters to butters and maple cream to mustards, to accompany the selection of 250 cheeses
- A new yogurt bar featuring locally-sourced yogurts and a dizzying array of toppings, as well as a new antipasto bar and olive oil tasting station
- A new Murray’s Melts station with 16 grilled cheeses made fresh to order, and stand-up bars in the store for noshing on the spot
- An expanded prepared foods selection "Made by Murray's" featuring pastas, mac & cheese, entrees, dips, seasonal salads, including items from Murray’s Cheese Bar and from Nina Planck’s forthcoming cookbook, "The Real Food Cookbook"
- Caves: a cheese cave and a meat cave in-store demonstrate the importance of proper storage
- A larger events space on the mezzanine level where Murray's teaches cheese classes daily as well as hosts private parties
Murray’s, which recently moved its subterranean cheese caves to larger state-of-the-art aging rooms in Long Island City, will celebrate its expansion with a Friends & Family Week from June 20-30, which will treat customers to in-store tastings of the new items.