You are here
While supermarkets serve an indispensible role as the primary destination for Thanksgiving Day feasts, the same can be said for pizzerias on Thanksgiving Eve, on which millions of Americans choose pizza as their family meal for an obvious reason: pizza is a low-stress, no-fuss family favorite that's loved – if not craved – by all.
According to the American Pizza Community, Thanksgiving Eve is the second most popular day of the year for ordering pizza, alongside other key days including Halloween, Super Bowl Sunday, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
- The pizza industry points to several reasons why pizza is the top choice on special days throughout the year, including Thanksgiving Eve:
- From oven-baked to customizable, pizza offers wholesome-quality ingredients that are sure to satisfy a whole group.
- Pizza is a flexible option: pick it up, dine in or have it delivered. Any way you slice it, it's hot, fresh and easy.
- Pizza is a low-stress choice. You don’t have to pile everyone into a car to go out the night before a long day of travel.
- Pizza is the perfect meal to bring people together and for many special celebratory occasions. It’s a convenient and communal meal that is meant to be shared, customizable and liked broadly.
Accordingly, progressive grocers would be wise to enhance their Thanksgiving specials with special pizza deals to not only enhance their prepared foods cred but more importantly, to remain relevant with one of the hottest holiday food trends of the season.