You are here
Buehler’s celebrated the end of its 14-month renovation of its Wooster Milltown store with a two-week grand-opening celebration that concluded Nov. 18. The timeline of the remodel was designed to keep customers’ shopping experience uninterrupted. All work was completed at night with no construction during the 2013 holiday season.
The work began in September 2013 when Phase I revamped the dairy, meat and seafood departments to include energy-efficient cooling units with doors and larger cases to showcase more variety of products. All aspects of the store were remodeled, with Phase IV concluding in October.
“The all new Milltown store has been designed with the customer top of mind,” said Dan Shanahan, Buehler’s president and COO. “We listened to our customers through focus panels and surveys, and incorporated their feedback into the design. The evolution of new departments and new services was focused on making our customers’ lives easier.”
The new departments include:
- New State Liquor Agency – a store within a store, flanked by the beer and wine department
- New Front Entrance – an open, inviting space filled with natural light
- New Chef’s Kitchen – featuring a variety of chef-prepared food, made-to-order for both take-out and dine-in
- New The Kitchen Table – a fun, relaxed, comfortable atmosphere to sit and enjoy Chef’s Kitchen options
- New Beverage Bar – convenient, self-serve Coca-Cola Freestyle machine, Scenic River Coffee flavors and tea
- New Community Room – non-profit groups enjoy free rental for small meetings and parties with catered food options
- New Chef’s School – training room for Buehler’s chefs to test recipes and menu items
The store also invited customers to leave their mark on the remodel. “As a result of our Sign the Beam and Handprints in History promotions to engage the community during the remodel, our employees, customers and KidzPark kids are a lasting part of our remodel,” added Jack Kerby, manager of the Milltown location. “They may view their signatures on the structural I-beam or see their handprints in the lobby entrance every time they’re in the store.”
Buehler’s Fresh Foods is celebrating 85 years as a family-owned chain of supermarkets with 15 locations in Ohio.