You are here
With Super Bowl XLIX less than a month away, the Doritos brand has unveiled the 10 finalists in its "Crash the Super Bowl" contest, in which nearly 5,000 consumers submitted an ad spot to compete for air time during the big game, a career opportunity with Universal Pictures, and $1 million.
Now through Jan. 28, fans can vote online to decide one of the final two ads to be aired during the Super Bowl broadcast; the other will be decided by the Doritos brand. The creator of the ad receiving the most fan votes will win the grand prize. The runner-up will take home $50,000.
"Doritos fans are among the most talented and creative individuals out there — they've blown us away each year for nearly a decade," said Ram Krishnan, SVP and CMO for Frito-Lay North America. "We're excited to find out which finalist ad the world rallies around and selects as this year's grand prize winner."
Each of the 10 Crash the Super Bowl finalists will win an invitation to Arizona to attend Super Bowl XLIX. The eight finalists whose commercials don't air will each win $25,000.
The 10 Crash the Super Bowl finalist ads are:
- "Doritos Angler" by James Bedford, UK
- "Baby's First Word" by Travis Braun, USA
- "Selfish Sneezers" by Devon Ferguson, Canada
- "The Lemonade Stand" by David Horowitz, USA
- "Trouble in the Back Seat" by Jason Johnson, USA
- "Mis-Spelling Bee" by Brian Kleinschmidt, USA
- "What Could Go Wrong?" by Alex Pepper, USA
- "Doritos Manchild" by Armand de Saint-Salvy, Australia
- "When Pigs Fly" by Graham Talbot, Canada
- "Middle Seat" by Scott Zabielski, USA
The Super Bowl XLIX broadcast is set for Sunday, Feb. 1, 2015, on NBC.