You are here
Brookshire Brothers, the Lufkin, Texas-based retailer, presented $123,000 to 13 non-profits and three educational foundations through its Charitable Foundation. Since its inception in 2008, the foundation has conducted twice-yearly golf tournaments to raise more than $1 million in funds that are divided by organizations’ needs and application requests.
“Together, we can do far more than any one of us could do by ourselves. These organizations, from throughout our market area, touch the lives of thousands of our customers and truly embody our message of ‘a celebration of family and community.’ We are honored to help further the impact the organizations have on the people they serve,” said COO John Alston when presenting the funds to this year’s recipients:
• Alzheimers Association-Houston & Southeast Texas
• American Cancer Society-Pineywoods Cattle Barons Gala
• Angelina Arts Alliance
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
• Court Appointed Special Advocates-CASA in the Pines
• Friends of the Ellen Trout Zoo
• East Texas Alliance for Children (Harold’s House)
• The Joseph House, Inc
• Junior Achievement of Angelina County Inc.
• Junior League of Lufkin
• The Mosaic Center Inc.
• Sarah’s Hope Charitable and Educational Foundation
• Volunteer Services Council of the Lufkin State Supported Living Center
• Carthage ISD Education Foundation
• Coldspring- Oakhurst CISD Education Foundation
• Lufkin ISD Education Foundation