You are here
GS1 US will hold a series of implementation workshops in the first half of this year to help companies that synchronize product data via the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) prepare for the GDSN Major Release 3.X roll-out scheduled for May 2016.
The dates and locations of these hands-on workshops are:
- Feb. 12 in Edison, N.J. (hosted by Wakefern)
- March 10 in Chicago
- April 9 in Chicago
- May 31 and June 4 in Austin, Texas (co-located with the GS1 Connect annual conference)
The workshops aim to help participants prepare for the non-backward compatible changes of GDSN Major Release 3.X for the efficient communication of product data across the supply chain. Worksheets and tools created by the GS1 US GDSN Standards Maintenance Group will be used to provide examples and demonstrations of how the changes will affect data synchronized between data pools and trading partners.
Topics to be covered at the workshop include:
- How the new modular structure within GDSN will work
- How the new functionality of GDSN will allow more streamlined information sharing
- Overview and use of descriptors, units of measure code lists and packaging descriptions attributes.
The GDSN connects trading partners to the GS1 Global Registry via GS1-certified data pools, enabling the immediate electronic sharing of standardized, up-to-date and accurate information.
GS1 US, a member of GS1 global, is a not-for-profit information standards organization that facilitates industry collaboration to improve supply chain visibility and efficiency through the use of GS1 Standards, the most widely used supply chain standards system in the world.