You are here
Topco Associations honored several retailer member-owner for outstanding store brand commitment at its recent annual membership conference in Orlando.
“We congratulate these members for their commitment and dedication to Topco,” said Jim Goers, Topco SVP, member development and national brands. “These organizations have shown great leadership by showcasing store brands in a variety of innovative ways to their shoppers.”
- Greatest Dollar Growth in Center Store Programs: Affiliated Food Midwest for its success in persistence and penetration with its center store program.
- Greatest Percentage Growth in Center Store Programs: Fred W. Albrecht Grocery Co., which partnered with Topco for its salad dressing and cake mix products.
- Greatest Dollar Growth in Fresh Programs: Stater Bros. Markets, which partnered with Topco’s fresh meat program as well as the new produce category.
- Greatest Percentage Growth in Fresh Departments: Associated Grocers for its commitment to produce, meat, deli, bakery and prepared foods.
- Total Dollar Growth in Value Added Programs: Bi-Lo Holdings for its pharmacy program.
- Total Percentage Growth in Value Added Programs: Weis Markets Inc., also for its pharmacy program.
- Overall Dollar Growth in All Programs: Giant Eagle, which increased purchases through Topco by more than $200 million in 2014.
- Overall Percentage Growth in All Programs: SpartanNash Co, which grew Topco programs by 30 percent last year.
- Highest Topco Penetration Percentage: K-VA-T Food Stores Inc., which was honored in this category for the 11th year in row with a total penetration rate of 48.8 percent, almost 30 points higher than the Topco average.
- Highest Topco Purchase Volume: Hy-Vee Inc., which has led all members in overall purchases for 10 straight years and increased purchases this year by 20 percent.
- Supply Chain Excellence: Golub Corp./Price Chopper Supermarkets
During the conference, Elk Grove Village, Ill.-based Topco also installed its 2015 board of directors, including:
- Chairman of the Board: Randy Edeker, chairman, CEO and president, Hy-Vee Inc.
- J.H. Campbell, Jr., president and CEO, Associated Grocers Inc.
- Chris Coborn, president and CEO, Coborn’s Inc.
- Charlie D’Amour, president and CEO, Big Y Foods Inc.
- Jerry Golub, president and CEO, Golub Corp.
- John Lucot, president and CEO, Giant Eagle Inc.
- Rick Rayford, president and CEO, Brookshire Holdings Inc.
- Randy Skoda, president and CEO, Topco Associates LLC
- Steve Smith, president and CEO, K-VA-T Food Stores Inc.
- J.K. Symancyk, president, Meijer Inc.