You are here
Mariano’s Fresh Market debuted its first dedicated kosher section at its newest store in Skokie, Ill., which opened April 21.
“The Skokie location marks a milestone for our customers as it is our first store to offer a specialty kosher area,” said Bob Mariano, chairman, president and CEO of Milwaukee-based Roundy’s, parent company of Mariano’s. “We looked at the community’s needs and made the decision to go above and beyond what our customers have come to know and love—fresh, unique and local grocery offerings—by creating spaces in the store that allow us to be a true extension of the neighborhood.”
Located at 3358 W. Touhy Ave. in this northern suburb of Chicago, Mariano’s Skokie brings nearly 400 jobs to the community.
Working in partnership with the Chicago Rabbinical Counsel, Mariano’s designed a separate section within the store that is kosher certified approved. Within the Kosher Market, shoppers will find a separate kosher Sweet Shoppe, cheese shop, deli, meat counter and grill, seafood counter and grill, sushi, soup bar, olive bar and additional offerings. The kosher section will respect the Sabbath each week and re-open on Sunday morning.
Mariano’s fans will also find their favorite Mariano’s features, including fresh-squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, a Sweet Shoppe featuring caramel apples dipped on-site, specialty seafood and soup, a floral department and a wine bar.
Additionally, shoppers will enjoy Mariano’s signature features:
- Vero premium coffees and gelato prepared with traditional Italian techniques
- Todds BBQ offering daily smoked brisket, ribs and more, all with a variety of sauces
- The Oyster Bar, with fresh shucked oysters and specialty seafood dishes
- Bakery with artisan breads, pastries, cakes, doughnuts and rolls baked daily in-store, along with ethnic and Italian treats.
- Squeez’d smoothie bar showcasing a variety of made-to-order fruit and vegetable smoothies
- Full-service pharmacy with immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
To celebrate the opening of the new Mariano’s Skokie location, the Roundy’s Foundation will make a donation to the Chicago Chesed Fund as part of its ongoing commitment to the communities it serves. A member of the Greater Chicago Food Depository, the Chicago Chesed Fund has served local families for more than 25 years, offering a range of programs including hunger relief, medical assistance, job counseling and educational services.
Founded in Milwaukee in 1872, Roundy’s operates 150 retail grocery stores and 100 pharmacies under the Pick ’n Save, Copps, Metro Market and Mariano’s retail banners in Wisconsin and Illinois.