You are here
Lund Food Holdings, parent company of 27 Lunds & Byerlys supermarkets in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, will pilot a 1-to-1 customer engagement platform to drive unique online experiences for its shoppers.
Over time, shoppers will have access to a 1-to-1 personalized homepage and personalized product recommendations across their entire shopping experience. Included in the omni-channel customer experiences are:
- 1-to-1 Personalized Homepage: Customers can easily access a 1-to-1 personalized list of the most relevant specials based on their purchase history, their most frequently purchased items and targeted content from Lunds & Byerlys.
- 1-to-1 Product Recommendations: Customers will be presented with product recommendations across the online shopping experience, including related items to those added to their shopping cart. Plus, they will have access to a personalized version of the product catalogue, which presents the most relevant items for the shopper in each department.
- Shop by Attribute: Customers can organize and browse products based on attributes such as organic, local, gluten-free and more.
- Complex Promotion Support: Customers can access all in-store specials, including complex promotions, within the eCommerce experience. Discounts and offers are incorporated into the estimated cart total.
- Order Management: The grocer staff can manage online orders through a dashboard.
- Content Targeting: The grocer can target and manage promoted content to their customers.
The program will be powered by Unata, an omni-commerce provider, which will handle order management, content targeting and customer service tools for the stores.
Phil Lombardo, chief marketing and merchandising officer for Lunds & Byerlys, said the platform will give his customers the best possible experience online.
“Their focus on providing consistent and highly relevant customer experiences across all channels differentiates them from anyone we evaluated,” he said. “This combined with their expertise specific to the grocer category gives us the utmost confidence that the outcomes of this partnership will deliver even stronger shopping experiences for our customers.”