You are here
John R. Lucot, president and COO of Giant Eagle Inc., was elected vice chairman of the Topco Associates LLC board of directors, the Elk Village, Ill.-based company revealed at its recent June board meeting.
Lucot has served on the board since 2012, while Pittsburgh-based Giant Eagle has been a member of Topco since 1962, taking part in several of the cooperative's many programs, among them frozen, grocery, HBC/GM, dairy/bakery, fresh meat, branded meat, produce, national brands and indirect spend.
"I'm looking forward to taking on a greater role in Topco and helping to represent its nearly 50 members, as we continue to aggregate and share our collective knowledge management and innovative best practices to remain competitive in our respective marketplaces," noted Lucot.
The other members of the 2015-16 Topco board are as follows:
- Chairman Randall B. Edeker, chairman, CEO and president, Hy-Vee Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa
- J.H. Campbell Jr., president and CEO, Associated Grocers Inc., Baton Rouge, La.
- Christopher M. Coborn, president and CEO, Coborn's Inc., St. Cloud, Minn.
- Charles L. D’Amour, president and COO, Big Y Foods Inc., Springfield, Mass.
- Jerel T. Golub, president and CEO, Golub Corp., Schenectady, N.Y.
- Rick D. Rayford, president and CEO, Brookshire Holdings Inc., Tyler, Texas
- Randall J. Skoda, president and CEO, Topco
- Steven C. Smith, president and CEO, K-VA-T Food Stores Inc., Abingdon, Va.
- J.K. Symancyk, president, Meijer Inc., Grand Rapids, Mich.