You are here
In the latest step toward its soon-to-be-completed merger, the proposed Kraft Heinz Co. revealed the members of its new senior leadership team.
"Our new leadership team represents the best of the best in business with proven track records for delivering results," said Bernardo Hees, future CEO of the company that will combine Northfield, Ill.-based Kraft Foods and Pittsburgh-based H.J. Heinz. "I am thrilled that this world-class group of executives will join me to further strengthen our iconic brands with our industry-leading go-to-market strategies, innovation pipeline, and global infrastructure."
Effective upon the close of the merger transaction, The Kraft Heinz Co. senior leadership team will include the following members:
- Paulo Basilio is appointed EVP and chief financial officer. Basilio joined Heinz in June 2013 as CFO. He is responsible for all the finance functions and the investor relations area.
- Matt Hill is appointed zone president of Europe. Hill has been zone president of Heinz Europe since June 2013. Prior to his current appointment, Hill was president of Heinz UK and Ireland. He joined Heinz in 2010 as chief marketing officer for Heinz UK.
- Emin Mammadov is appointed zone president of Russia, India and Middle East, Turkey and Africa. Mammadov joined Heinz in 2006 as marketing director for Heinz Russia and has been president of RIMEA since 2013.
- Michael Mullen is appointed SVP of corporate and government affairs. He will be responsible for leading internal and external communications, CSR and government affairs. He will also have responsibility for the company foundation, real estate and facilities. Mullen joined Heinz in 1998.
- Eduardo Pelleissone is appointed EVP of global operations. In this role, Pelleissone will have direct accountability for the company's supply chain, quality, procurement and operations functions in North America and globally. Pelleissone joined Heinz in July 2013 as head of operations.
- Marcos Romaneiro is appointed zone president of Asia Pacific. Romaneiro has been zone president of Heinz Asia Pacific since June 2014. Romaneiro joined Heinz in 2013 as SVP global finance.
- Francisco Sa is appointed zone president of Latin America. Sa joined Heinz in June 2014 as zone president of Heinz Latin America. Sa served as zone president for AB InBev's Latin America South business from 2012 to 2014.
- Jim Savina is promoted to SVP, general counsel and corporate secretary. Savina joined Kraft in 2013, serving in legal leadership positions and as chief compliance officer. In his new role, Savina will lead the company's legal function, including corporate governance and securities, transactions, regulatory, intellectual property, litigation and labor and employment.
- Melissa Werneck is appointed SVP of global human resources, performance and IT. Werneck joined Heinz in July 2013 and led Heinz's talent development and the integrated management system, which includes the management by objectives program.
- George Zoghbi is appointed COO of U.S. commercial business. In his role, Zoghbi will lead the company's more than $19 billion U.S. business comprised of five commercial business units. Zoghbi has been COO at Kraft since February 2015. He joined Kraft in 2007 as VP and area director of Australia and New Zealand.