You are here
In support of National Food Safety Month and its commitment to food safety within the retail dairy, deli, bakery, cheese and foodservice departments, the International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association is encouraging its members and industry professionals to utilize its "Safe Food Matters!" web page for free training tools, white papers, videos and other resources that promote employee food safety best practices.
Developed in conjunction with its 2015 food safety campaign, Safe Food Matters Focus on Listeria, the page offers:
· Dozens of IDDBA food safety job guides, workbooks, online training and podcasts, including the new Deli Slicer Cleaning Job Guide and the Safe Food Matters: Listeria Awareness training video.
· The new, original IDDBA food safety research report, The High Stakes of Food Safety in Dairy, Deli, Bakery & Prepared Foods.
· Video food safety presentations from Phil Lempert and attorney Shawn Stevens.
· Information on IDDBA’s Food Safety Certification Reimbursement Program (FSCRP), which reimburses IDDBA members up to $2,000 annually for food-safety certifying their employees.
· White papers, reports and studies.
Both members and nonmembers have complete access to all food-safety related materials.
“National Food Safety Month brings attention to the importance food safety best practices play in selling safe food to customers,” said Mary Kay O’Connor, IDDBA's VP of education. “For food retailers, food safety is a year-round commitment, and IDDBA continues its long-standing tradition of providing store managers and employees with the educational training needed to ensure the proper receiving, handling and storage of food products.”
Madison, Wis.-based IDDBA is a nonprofit membership organization serving the dairy, deli, bakery, cheese and supermarket foodservice industries.