You are here
The Produce Marketing Association installed its new board of directors, which signifies global diversity with companies from more than nine countries and women representing more than one quarter of the leadership.
Russ Mounce, VP and DMM of produce for Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s Sam’s Club, was installed as new chairman of PMA’s board at the recent Fresh Summit conference and expo in Atlanta along with five other officers and 29 directors.
PMA's new board officers for the 2015-2016 term, whom together with PMA CEO Bryan Silbermann comprise PMA’s executive committee, include:
- Immediate Past Chair Kevin Fiori, SVP, sales and marketing, Sunkist Growers, Valencia, Calif.
- Chair-Elect John Oxford, president and CEO, L&M Produce, Raleigh, N.C.
- Secretary/Treasurer Drew Yurko
- Vice Chair Elliott Grant, CEO, ShopWell, San Carlos, Calif.
- Vice Chair Paul Kneeland, VP of fresh merchandising, Fresh Formats, Canton, Mass.
Meanwhile, PMA's new 2015-2016 directors include:
- Manuel Alcaino, president, Decofrut, Vitacura, Chile
- Robert Barkley, CEO, Barkley Ag Enterprises, Yuma, Ariz.
- Jose Antonio Gomez, chief commercial officer, Camposol SA, Lima, Peru
- Soren Bjorn, EVP Americas, Driscoll's, Watsonville, Calif.
- Jim DiMenna, CEO, Red Sun Farms, Ontario, Canada
- Jeff Dunn, president and CEO, Bolthouse Farms, Bakersfield, Calif.
- Robin Fisher, category manager, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Ana Hooper, VP of total quality, Darden, Orlando, Fla.
- Derrick Jenkins, VP, produce and floral division, Wakefern Food Corp., Elizabeth, N.J.
- David Lake, CEO, 4Earth Farms, Commerce, Calif.
- Cathy Leffingwell, produce management director, Brinker International, Dallas, Tex.
- Lam Lin, GM, fresh foods sourcing, C.R. Vanguard, Shenzhen, China
- Inés Masallach, marketing director, Imalinx Latin America, San Cristobal, Mexico
- Irénke Meekma, managing director, Bakker Barendrecht BV, Ridderkerk, Netherlands
- Howard Nager, VP of marketing, Domex Superfresh Growers, Yakima, Wash.
- Cynthia Nunes, VP fresh fruit North America, Dole Fresh Fruit Co., Westlake Village, Calif.
- Jaime Peisach, president, Passion Growers, Miami, Fla.
- Jim Sarcletti, director of produce and floral, Supervalu, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Kent Shoemaker, CEO, Lipman, Immokalee, Fla.
- Oleen Smethurst, assistant GM manager, Costco Wholesale Canada, Ottawa, Canada
- Tara Smith Vighetti, partner and director of sales, Smith Packing, Saint Augustine, Fla.
- Dan Sutton, VP of produce procurement , Albertsons, Boise, Idaho
- Thomas Wheeler, director of produce operations, Mollie Stone’s Markets, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Jin Ju Wilder, director of corporate strategy, Valley Fruit & Produce, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Max Yeater, president, Pro*Act LLC, Monterey, Calif.
- Tommie van Zyl, CEO, ZZ2, Polokwane, South Africa
- Ex-officio Dick Spezzano, chair, PMA Foundation for Industry Talent, president, Spezzano Consulting Service, Monrovia, Calif.
- Ex-officio John Said, chair, PMA Australia-New Zealand, Managing Director, Fresh Select, Victoria, Australia