You are here
Jay Marshall, executive VP and chief retail officer of Midwestern supermarket chain Hy-Vee, has been promoted to COO, becoming only the fourth person in the company’s history to hold that title.
Marshall will retain all responsibility for retail operations and store development and will assume responsibility for all merchandising areas in the coming months.
The title had been held by Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee’s chairman, CEO and president, who was the company’s COO from 2008 to 2012.
With Hy-Vee since 1982, Marshall has been a store director, VP of center store, senior VP of marketing and merchandising, and executive VP of Hy-Vee's eastern region. As COO, Marshall also will retain the title of executive vice president.
8 new directors join board
Hy-Vee also announced its 2016 board of directors. The 17-member panel includes eight new directors who were elected to one-year terms.
The directors are as follows:
- Randy Edeker: chairman, CEO and president
- Andy McCann: vice chairman, executive vice president, chief administrative officer
- Mike Skokan: EVP, chief financial officer, treasurer
- Jon Wendel: EVP, chief merchandising officer
- Jay Marshal: EVP, COO
- Sheila Laing: EVP, chief customer officer
- Brett Bremser: EVP western region
- Darren Baty: EVP eastern region
- Mic Jurgens, SVP, secretary, general counsel
- Kristin Williams: SVP pharmacy operations
- Jamie Franck: district VP eastern district
- Martin Stokes: store director, Peony Park Hy-Vee, Omaha, Neb.
- Matt Schweizer: store director, Muscatine Mainstreet Hy-Vee, Muscatine, Iowa
- Kevin Mills: store director, Lincoln Center Hy-Vee, Ames, Iowa
- Jennifer Knesel: store director, Winona Hy-Vee, Winona, Minn.
- Todd Wagner: store director, Blue Springs Hy-Vee, Blue Springs, Mo.
- Dan Vondrak, store director, Hilltop Hy-Vee, Mankato, Minn.
West Des Moines, Iowa-based Hy-Vee Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating 240 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of more than $9.3 billion annually.