You are here
Technology is driving an exponentially faster rate of change. Even the historically slow-moving grocery retail industry is coming to terms with the need to adapt to change. Retailers recognize the need to connect with shoppers where they are and in a manner they prefer.
The rapid pace of change can derail retailers and their supplier partners if the right technology isn’t positioned against well-defined needs. Enter PULSE, a unique show-within-a-show experience at FMI Connect, Chicago, June 22-23. Qualified retailers are welcome to join the new innovation forum, PULSE: Technology Enabling the Path to Modern Retailing, which will focus exclusively on supermarket retailers and food retailing… Technology. Innovation. Digital. Ecommerce. Stores. Marketing. Merchandising. Fulfillment. And much more.
FMI, Progressive Grocer and Retail Leader have teamed up to provide a day and a half of insightful retailer panels, captivating keynote presentations, in-depth one-to-one and group business meetings, all in an interactive format designed to uncover pathways to success.
Featured keynote speakers include:
- Shelly Palmer, CEO and Managing Partner, Palmer Advanced Media: Grocery retailers believe they’re committed to making their businesses more relevant and competitive. So why does grocery retail lag just about every other industry in its ability to connect with consumers in a meaningful way? Shelly Palmer will help Pulse attendees define what matters most to retail shoppers and provide strategies for adopting the right technologies that can empower competitive differentiation.
- Nadia Shouraboura, Founder and CEO, Hointer Inc: Nadia Shouraboura believes the supermarket industry is only just beginning to undergo transformational change ― involving the very role of the store, ecommerce, operations, store associates, and more, down to the SKU level. Before founding Hointer Inc, Shouraboura was VP at Amazon.com and headed up the company's technology and fulfillment strategy and execution, and was a key member of Jeff Bezos's inner circle. She now has a lot to say about big changes coming to the food industry.
Marc Millstein, Principal of NextStepRetail Inc., will moderate Getting IT Right: The Ecommerce, Mobile, Analytics and Store Revolution, a panel featuring:
- Sineesh Keshav, VP, IT Safeway: Keshav is among the most respected leaders in leveraging information technology and is a key executive in heading up the integration of all IT for the Safeway-Albertsons merger. Keshav has an especially sharp and precise mind in the area of predictive analytics and sizing up changes impacting the industry.
- John Lauderbach, VP, IT, Roche Bros.: A member of the FMI CIO Council and leader in innovation and technology at Roche Bros., Lauderbach plays a pivotal role in keeping Roche Bros. thriving in the most competitive segments of all in food retailing: the smaller regional chain. Roche Bros. has beat back larger rivals year after year. Hear his take on business innovation.
- Suzi Robinson, Marketing Lead, bfresh/Fresh Formats LLC, an Ahold Company: Robinson describes her current role as a lifetime opportunity to create a new grocery shopping experience and brand from scratch. She is a lead developer of the bfresh brand, a new store format that debuted late last year. Her responsibilities as "marketing magus" include heading up brand strategy and identity; in-store experience; mobile, digital, and social media; marketing and promotional planning; customer relations; private label packaging design; innovation testing and consumer research.
- Donna Zambo, Director, Digital and Innovation, Wakefern Food Corp.: As Director of Wakefern’s Digital Commerce and Innovation Division, Zambo provides leadership for Wakefern’s ecommerce, Mobile and Digital initiatives and Price Plus Insights program. She led the deployment and supports the ongoing success of ShopRite from Home via Mobile, ShopRite Delivers, Mobile Scan, Personalized Digital Coupons and Price Plus Insights.
PULSE takes place June 22-23 as part of the FMI Connect convention June 20-23.
For more information on the full roster, speaker line-up, business meetings, and more, contact Joan Driggs, Editorial Director, Progressive Grocer and Retail Leader, [email protected]. For sponsorship opportunities, contact Jeffrey Friedman, VP and Group Publisher, Stagnito Business Information, [email protected].