Progressive Grocer’s 2016 Editors’ Picks Contest Application
Deadline for entries: June 15, 2016
- PG's Editors' Picks winners will be recognized in the September 2016 issue.
- Multiple entries from the same company are permitted for different products/lines, although separate applications must be submitted for each separate entry. If a product has multiple varieties or flavors, only one application is needed.
- There is a $50 per product fee to enter the competition.
- All entrants must complete an official online application, found here.
- Entries will be judged on taste, innovation, functionality, overall value and suitability for the mainstream grocery channel.
- Entries lacking all specified criteria will not be eligible for consideration.
- Retail consumer food and nonfood products introduced between May 1, 2015, and April 30, 2016, are eligible to enter, including fresh food; center store; frozen foods; dairy; deli; bakery (fresh and commercial baked goods); alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages; candy/gum/confections; health, beauty and wellness; vitamins and supplements; personal care; paper products; cleaning products; implements; housewares; gadgets; pet food/pet care; general merchandise; household supplies; etc. Only products designed for sale in retail food stores will be considered. Retailer private label products, store equipment, fixtures or packaging applications/materials are ineligible.
- Online entries must be received no later than June 15, 2016. All others may be disqualified.
- Product samples are required. To submit samples:
- Fill out the online form
- Print out the receipt generated after submission
- Mail the receipt and product sample to Progressive Grocer for judging.
- Do not submit more than two (2) individual samples per entry (no full cases, please). Due to limited storage space, particularly for perishables, excess duplicative product samples may be discarded.
- Multiple entries from the same company are permitted for different products/lines.
- All product samples must be received by June 15, 2016, and sent for judging as follows: