You are here
Multi-format food, fuel and pharmacy retailer Giant Eagle took the wraps off its first two-story Market District Express, which offers a new signature restaurant alongside a “best of” experience in a more intimate setting, in the Columbus, Ohio, suburb of Bexley.
Located at 2250 E. Main St., the new concept Market District Express, standing at 30,000 square feet, offers customers everything they need to complete their full weekly shop as they explore the two-story location.
“We are thrilled to open our first Ohio Market District Express location in Bexley,” said Dan Donovan, Giant Eagle spokesperson. “As a family-owned company, we appreciate Bexley’s close-knit community, and wanted to deliver a versatile shopping destination that made sense for the city and its families.”
The Bexley Market District Express is also home to the newest addition to the thriving central Ohio food scene – table by Market District. Making its Ohio debut, Market District’s signature restaurant will offer diners a full-service restaurant experience complete with dedicated restaurant seating for 155, and a menu inspired by fresh, seasonal ingredients and the Bexley community.
With prices ranging from $6 - $11 per plate, table by Market District is the perfect lunch or dinner destination. In addition to gourmet meals, table by Market District features one of the most extensive beer and wine lists in Columbus. Customers can enjoy 18 craft beers on tap, order wine by the glass, or select a bottle of wine from the 1,200 varieties available in-store for the selling price of the bottle plus a $10 corkage fee.
Wants, Needs & Everything In Between
Designed to make grocery shopping more convenient, the new Market District Express boasts high-quality foods, meal solutions for the home chef, and the culinary expertise of the approximately 70 supermarket and 40 restaurant team members who bring the store to life.
Among the store’s marquee offering are:
- Curbside Express - an online grocery ordering service that caters to on-the-go customers. Combining the ease of online ordering with the convenience of parking lot pick-up, customers can complete their grocery shopping without having to leave their vehicles.
- Beer, Wine & Liquor - in addition to a full bar, Market District Express will carry more than 1,200 varieties of wine and more than 400 craft, domestic, and imported beers including offerings from local breweries like North High, Seventh Son and Columbus Brewing.
- Local - carefully curated products from more than 20 local purveyors, ranging from pasta sauce to potato chips, and sourced from within 150 miles of the store, add a taste of central Ohio to the Market District Express aisles.
- Deli Favorites - lunch meats and cheeses, all sliced to order – plus flavorful side salads, salsas, hummus, dips, spreads and more are perfect prepared options for customers on the go.
- Freshly Cut Meats - Market District-made sausages, marinated meats, gourmet burgers, beef, pork, poultry and more with butchers available to show customers why we’re a cut above the rest.
- Fresh Seafood - home to Team Members with an ocean of knowledge to share on swordfish, tuna, marinated filets, shrimp, crab cakes and more.
- Produce - grown across the globe and by local Columbus-area farmers, assortment ranges from exotic to organic to conventional fruits and vegetables.
- Bakery - sweets ranging from cupcakes, muffins, donuts, cookies, French croissants and fresh bagels.
- Health, Beauty & Wellness - filled with natural and organic cosmetics, vitamins and personal care products.
With approximately $9.5 billion in annual sales, Giant Eagle operates more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.