You are here
Jewel-Osco will kick off its ninth annual Sabor de la Herencia Hispana event to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month on Sept. 15, inviting the Chicago-area Latino community to partake in food, music and activities at eight stores in the region.
During the event, Itasca, Ill.-based Jewel-Osco will host eight in-store events with local vendors and celebrity guests, including The Food Network’s Chef Aarón Sánchez on Sept. 24, and former Bears Running Back Garrett Wolfe on Sept. 15. Additionally, dietitians, local chefs and personalities from Chicago radio stations WOJO, WPPN and WVIV will make an appearance.
Jewel-Osco will offer attendees the chance to win tickets to a White Sox game, Jewel-Osco gift cards, movie tickets, gift baskets and more. It also will host sampling from more than 30 unique vendors, music from live mariachi and salsa bands, children’s activities, cooking demonstrations by St. Augustine College Assistant Professor Chef Rafael Perez and the presentation of a charitable donation to the National Museum of Mexican Arts.
The dates, times and locations for events are:
- Sept. 15, 3-7 p.m., 5320 S. Pulaski Rd., Chicago
- Sept. 16, 3-7 p.m., 7122 W. 40th St.,
- Sept. 24, 2-6 p.m., 2520 N. Narragansett Ave., Chicago
- Sept. 25, 12-4 p.m., 922 N. Green Bay Rd., Waukegan
- Oct. 1, 2-6 p.m., 5320 S. Pulaski Rd., Chicago
- Oct. 2, 12-4 p.m., 3644 S. Archer Ave., Chicago
- Oct. 8, 2-6 p.m., 2520 N. Narragansett Ave., Chicago
- Oct. 9, 12-4 p.m., 922 N. Green Bay Rd., Waukegan
Jewel-Osco, a banner of Boise, Idaho-based Albertsons Cos., has 185 locations in Illinois, Indiana and Iowa, employing 31,000 associates.