You are here
Southeastern Grocers LLC, parent company of Bi-Lo, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, has launched a monthly magazine, Flavor. The new publication aims to inspire readers with simple recipes, seasonal ingredients, information on new products, and ideas for entertaining.
The inaugural issue, October, will feature seasonal squash, five-ingredient recipes for tailgaters, and Halloween party-planning ideas with themed treats.
“The launch of Flavor will kick-off a completely new, modern way for Southeastern Grocers to interact with our customers,” noted Sharry Cramond, EVP of marketing and communications at Jacksonville, Fla.-based Southeastern Grocers. “We’ve provided a publication in response to customer feedback for quick, easy-to-prepare, delicious meals and how to make them for less with the season’s freshest products found inside our stores.”
Regular magazine features will include:
- Feed Your Family: Chef Curtis Stone tells families how to eat well on a budget with a monthly collection of seasonal recipes
- Fresh Idea: A unique monthly recipe providing a new twist on a classic dish
- Ripe to Perfection: A series of recipes highlighting the freshest seasonal produce as the main ingredient
- What’s New: Readers can learn about the latest products exclusively available at Bi-Lo, Harveys and Winn-Dixie
- You Told Us: Customers can take part in surveys to determine how they celebrate with food
Each month, 1 million copies of Flavor will go out to Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores across the Southeast.
Southeastern Grocers, the second-largest supermarket in the Southeast based on store count, employs nearly 60,000 associates in about 750 grocery stores, 140 liquor stores and 500 in-store pharmacies throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.