You are here
PCC Natural Markets has teamed up with Chinook Book and 11 product brands to launch the nation's first mobile grocery manufacturer coupons for natural and organic products. Using the popular Chinook Book mobile app, the coupons are initially available in the Seattle/Puget Sound area for redemption at all nine PCC Natural Markets stores.
"We believe Chinook Book has created a mobile platform that will make this process much easier for consumers, and we are happy to be the test retailer," said Laurie Albrecht, director of marketing at PCC Natural Markets.
Initially launched in 2010, the mobile Chinook Book was built off a successful print edition and contains several hundred retail coupons for green and local businesses.
"The future of the coupon is your mobile device," said Nik Blosser, president of Portland, Ore.-based Celilo Group Media, the company behind Chinook Book. "Making manufacturer coupons available on your smartphone is a game-changer for the natural foods shopper and the industry at large."
Shoppers in Seattle can receive the free mobile product coupons by downloading the free Chinook Book app onto their Android, iPhone, iPod touch or iPad device, selecting the Seattle/Puget Sound market and creating a free account. The manufacturer coupons will automatically load in.
Participating natural and organic product brands are:
- Caffe Ladro, $1 off one bag of coffee
- Choice Organic Tea: $1 off any boxed product
- Coconut Bliss: $1 off any product
- Dave's Killer Bread: $1 off any product
- Evolution Fresh: $1 off any bottle of fresh cold-pressed juice
- Lundberg Family Farms: $1 off any package of organic rice cakes
- Mary's Gone Crackers: $1 off any product
- Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day: $1 off any product
- Theo Chocolate: 75 c off any product
- Woodstock: $1 off any frozen fruit or vegetable
- Zevia: $1 off a 6 pack of cans or 4 pack of glass bottles, any flavor
The coupons are valid through Aug. 31, 2013, and are redeemable initially only at the nine PCC Natural Markets stores. Additional grocers will begin accepting Chinook Book mobile manufacturer coupons in late summer.
Seattle-based PCC Natural Markets is a certified organic retail cooperative with annual sales of nearly $180 million and an active membership of more than 50,000 households. PCC operates nine stores in the Seward Park, View Ridge, Greenlake, West Seattle, Fremont, Kirkland, Redmond, Edmonds and Issaquah neighborhoods.